There is a big pond "Kalyansagar" on the eastern side of the temple. The pond date back to the period of Maharaja Kalyan Manikya (1625 - 1660 AD). Spreading over 6.4 acres, with a length of 224 yards and width of 160 yards this large expanse of water adds a dimension of great beauty to the temple precints, with hills rising picturesquely in the background. The water is full of Tortoises, fishes and other vareities of aqua species. The lake is considered sacred and devotees worship the fishes and tortoises present here.